Twitter Media Kit
First and foremost…
– Post about us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook using the hashtags #LESMonth/#LESstories
– Link to us on your website – include wherever your LESHM events are listed!
– Include us in your eblast
LES History Month Kick-Off Events and how to talk about them:
LES Stories: Friday, May 1 & throughout the month
– LES Stories is inspired by Ruth Sergel’s citywide public art project, CHALK, which remembers the 146 garment workers who lost their lives in the infamous 1911 Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire.
– Friday, May 1: Volunteers spread throughout the LES to chalk bits of history. Participating organizations, schools, and businesses will chalk at their own locations. The public and other institutions are also encouraged to participate. Volunteers are welcome to attend the morning kick off event at First Street Green, which will include food, coffee, and morning stretches.
– Throughout the month: All are encouraged to chalk drawings, stories, or bits of history in front of their places of work, play, and residence throughout the month. Be sure to Instagram it with #LESmonth and/or #LESstories.
LES Community Hero Awards
– The LES Community Hero Awards recognize and celebrate the unsung community heroes of the Lower East Side. We will have a gathering where awards will be presented to the heroes themselves by presenters influenced by their community work.
This year’s heroes are:
– Chino Garcia
– Joyce Mendelsohn
– Nelson Valentine
– Paul Garrin
– Mateo Gomez and Nelson Landrieu
– with a Special Citation to LES Ready!
Credit LES History Month
When creating your digital/print pieces (like eblasts) and listings for your event(s), please include an iteration of the following:
[your event] is in celebration of Lower East Side History Month! See the full schedule of events at www.leshistorymonth.org.
Please use the following text as you see fit to promote your involvement in the LESHM:
May is Lower East Side History Month
Lower East Side History Month, taking place during May, is the annual celebration of the rich and diverse history of the LES. Conceived by LES-based arts and community groups, LES History Month aims to connect our present to our past, exploring how our history can inform and inspire our future.
You might also like
Canon PowerShot SX600 HS 16MP Digital Camera (Red)
Marketing with Social Media: An Hour a Day Collection
TheSelfie by GabbaGoods - Camera Remote Shutter Release for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Black
The Best Digital Signage Kit. Great for Use in Restaurants, Hotels, Offices, Factories, and Schools. Terrific Templates Includes. Stunning Content in Seconds. Simple Setup. Best Price. 1080p. WiFi.
CE (oalla, Inc.)
JW Pet Company Icon Stainless-Steel Resin Bowl Small
Pet Products (JW Pet Company)